In response to the long range forecast for hot and humid weather over the next week, the City of Winnipeg is extending the hours of operation at all spray pads.
“I am pleased that we can offer families extended access to spray pads,” said Councillor Paula Havixbeck, Chairperson, Standing Policy Committee on Protection and Community Services. “Our spray pads and wading pools are great places for children and adults of all ages to play and cool off on a hot summer day.”
Starting today, spray pads are open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., until further notice, and include:
* Central Park, 400 Cumberland Avenue
* Fort Rouge Park, 295 River Avenue
* Lindenwoods Community Centre, 414 Lindenwoods Drive West
* Provencher Park, 620, rue Langevin
* River Heights Community Club, 1370 Grosvenor Avenue
* St. Norbert Community Centre, 3450 Pembina Highway
* Vimy Ridge Memorial Park, 821 Preston Avenue
* River East Spray Pad, 1400 Rothesay Street
* Shaughnessy Spray Pad, 75 Tyndall Avenue
Citizens are asked to note that standalone spray pads are unsupervised sites.
For information on hours of operation of spray pads, outdoor wading and indoor pools please contact 311 or visit: