The City of Winnipeg reminds the public that the deadline for paying this year’s property taxes is Friday, June 29, 2012.
“It’s important for property owners to make their payments by the June 29 deadline, to avoid penalties for late payment,” said Nelson Karpa, City Assessor, Assessment and Taxation Department.
A variety of payment options are available to property owners, and information about each option and penalties for late payment is available online at http://www.winnipeg.ca/interhom and is included in the Property Tax Brochure.
Property owners are reminded of the following options for making payments:
· Tax Installment Plan (TIPP)
· In person at your financial institution
· Online or by telephone banking through your financial institution
· By courier
· In person at City Hall, 510 Main Street or at the Bilingual Service Centre, 614 Des Meurons
· Using drive-by service on June 27, 28 and 29. This service is available at the corner of James Avenue and King Street between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Please have your tax bill and a cheque or money order ready in an envelope to present to staff. Cash payments cannot be accepted by this method.
Approximately 213,000 property tax bills were mailed in middle of May, 2012.
For more information about the City’s Assessment and Taxation Department, please visit: http://www.winnipeg.ca/interhom