Residents are advised that construction on the east side of the Osborne Bridge and Osborne Street from Broadway to River Avenue will run from April to October 2011. Traffic will be rerouted to flow both ways on the west side of the bridge during this time.
During winter, two lanes of traffic will flow in each direction. Work will resume in April 2012, and traffic will flow on the reconstructed east side of the bridge and roadway to enable work on the west side.
In April 2011, the southbound median lane from Broadway to River Avenue will close. Starting in late April until October 2011, there will be two southbound traffic lanes and one northbound lane, except for morning rush hour, when one of the lanes will be reversed, and there will be two northbound lanes and one southbound lane.
Measures to aid traffic flow and safety include:
· No northbound left turn off Osborne Street at Broadway
· No left turns to Roslyn Road off southbound and northbound Osborne Street
· No left turn onto Osborne Street from westbound Roslyn Road
· The two westbound lanes on Broadway turning left at Osborne Street will become one lane
· The mandatory curb lane right turns and the associated diamond lane, southbound on Osborne Street from St. Mary Avenue to Roslyn Road will not be in effect
These changes will be monitored for necessary adjustments.
Emergency services will continue to use the bridge and transit routes will be maintained. The west sidewalk will be open throughout construction. Cyclists must dismount when crossing the bridge on the sidewalk.
Area parking should not be affected, except for a portion of southbound Osborne Street between York Avenue and Broadway and areas adjacent to the project area, where parking will be temporarily removed for staging and roadwork.
Usual construction hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and statutory and civic holidays (in compliance with the City of Winnipeg Neighbourhood Liveability By-law ).