Manitoba Children's Museum - 18+ Indie Night
May 06, 2016 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Attention adults - #SeriouslyAdult was made for you! This fundraiser series features special showcase events designed for an 18+ audience of adults who are young at heart.
||Friday, May 6, 2016
||7:00PM - 10:00PM
(Doors open at 6:30PM)
||$25 per person -or-
buy more than 8 tickets for $20 each and SAVE!
(Suitable for people 18 years of age or older. Alcohol will be present on premises and topics may include mature themes.)
Join us for Indie Night
- the second event in the 2016 #SeriouslyAdult fundraising series. Let out your inner child to experience the museum's galleries after dark and listen to great music from local bands Vikings
and Get Famous!
- all while helping to raise money for the museum to enhance exhibits, create educational programs, and help fund the Free2Play Access Program
which provides free museum visits to under-supported children in our community. Purchase Tickets Online Now!
- As a museum fundraising event, all #SeriouslyAdult series tickets are non-refundable.
- Online ticket sales and pre-sale discount offers will be in effect until midnight on Thursday, May 5, 2016 or while supplies last.
- Previous events in the #SeriouslyAdult series have sold out - we strongly recommend purchasing tickets in advance to guarantee their availability.
Focusing on the sound and the spaces in between, VIKINGS' music is equal parts dance-worthy and expansive. The electro-pop band from Winnipeg has played a number of Festivals such as Rainbow Trout, MEME and the Festival du Voyageur. The trio independently released their debut self-titled album in December of 2013. Great Abyss, their first single from the release, has been in heavy rotation on CBC Radio 3, reaching number 3 on the R3-30, where they play the top 30 Canadian indie songs of the week.
Electro-Funk-Pop duo Get Famous! formed in Winnipeg in 2006. A local project combining the synth stylings and production might of JNL.Cinemafunk and the unique guitar and vocal sound of Aaron Ives. Get Famous! got their first bit of major attention with their EP release on Miguel Campbells' label; Outcross Records. A few years later, a massive hit titled "Slip Away" secured their name in the French House/Nu Disco Genre.
What Am I Supporting?
The Children's Museum is a registered children's charity (#10348 0943 RR0001) that relies on earned revenue, including donations received through our fundraising events, to cover approximately 86% of our operating costs. As such, your support of the Children's Museum's#SeriouslyAdult Event Series
is extremely meaningful. Proceeds generated will enable the museum to enhance exhibits, create educational programs, and help fund the Free2Play Access Program
which provides free museum visits to under-supported children in our community.
Location: Manitoba Children's Museum
Street: 45 Forks Market Rd.